Infinite Roofing has served the Capital Region since 2009, lead by professional roofers with over 20 years of experience and is proud to call Saratoga Springs one of two home bases in the region. Over the years, we’ve earned our reputation for completing our client’s projects on time, on budget while leaving behind a clean work site through hard work and dedication to the job.
We encourage you to check out our stellar reputation directly on Google, Thumbtack (Pro Certified on Thumbtack) and our A+ BBB rating.
Saratoga Springs Overview
Overview of Infinite Roofing Saratoga Branch Offerings
Saratoga Roof Replacement Guidelines
Guidelines, Permitting and Design submission requirements for Saratoga.
Roofing Contractor Certifications held by Infinite
For every product we install, replace or repair we are fully certified by the manufacturers. These product lines include: Owens Corning, GAF, IKO and Certainteed.
- GAF Certified WeatherStopper Roofing Contractor
- IKO Shield Pro Plus Roofing Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- Certainteed 5 Star Contractor
No matter which shingle manufacturer you choose, it’s important that you select a roofing contractor or company who is certified in the installation of the materials in order to guarantee proper installation (while the typical method of installing shingles is the same across most brands of shingle, there are crucial differences in things like nail patterns, material usage and installation and proper guaranteeing of work for manufacturer warranties that are different for each brand).
Roofing Services Saratoga Overview
We offer professional installation of all the major shingle manufacturers (backed up by our certifications in each). That list is: Owens Corning, GAF, IKO and Certainteed. Typically most customers in the Saratoga region opt for higher grade GAF architectural shingles or Owens Corning manufactured ones in order to maintain the highest quality possible.
The typical shingle roofing system will include decking (if necessary to replace the plywood decking of your old roof), synthetic underlayment, ice and water shield, starter strip and ridge cap shingles plus normal shingles.
Classic to larger homes with flat roof section, historic homes in or near downtown Saratoga and on commercial buildings, the most common application of flat roofs is called “EPDM,” which is an effective replacement to classic methods like modified bitumen and or more outdated methods like BUR (built up roofs).
“White roofs,” are also common, (professionally known as TPO), however this is much more often seen in larger commercial projects, rather than in residential flat roofs.
Metal roofs are the preferred method when looking for a roofing system that will last 35-50 years, stand out in the neighborhood (offering a striking appearance) and decrease heating and cooling costs through more effective insulation.
Additionally, it’s popular to add metal “skirting” around certain aspects of the house - like an addition or over windows or even porches in order to create a unique feature and look for the home without the cost of a full metal roof.
What are the general roofing services you all do in Saratoga?
Roof replacements: This is repair or replacement work that is considered a full or partial replacement of the total roof (rather than patch jobs). An asphalt shingle roof will typically take about a day to finish.
Roof Repairs: repair jobs can vary in time and cost depending on the size of the problem - whether it’s a couple hole punches causing a leak or a much bigger problem, usually caused from either a storm mishap or overly aggressive windstorm blowing away a few shingles that need replacing.
However, due to the overwhelming amount of storms we’ve had the past 18 months, Infinite is currently backlogged on repair jobs (for any roofing company, the repair work is done with a separate crew than the replacement work, because the skill level and nature of the job is different for each application). Our current wait time on repairs is 7-8 weeks as of October, 2018 and we are working feverishly to expand our repair crews to meet the higher demands.
Roofing & Gutter combo: Individually we are not yet offering only gutter services in Saratoga, however, we are offering roof and gutter install combos during the course of partial or full roof replacement. This is advantageous for you because it allows a more approximate alignment with the new roof while also saving on labor costs.
Roof & Skylight installation: an extremely popular option for clients in Saratoga is the installation of skylights while the roof is being replaced to add natural lighting (and potential energy tax credits!) to their living areas. We offer specialized Velux skylight installation available in solar powered vented skylights or non vented options.
Does Infinite Roofing have a Saratoga Springs office I can deliver payment to or meet before signing a contract?
Yes! We’ve just broken ground on our new office in downtown Saratoga Springs on 63 Putnam St, Ste 202. We accept visitors on appointment, and we’d be happy to meet with you during that time.
Contrary to many independent contracting companies, Infinite Roofing operates out of two main offices, the downtown Saratoga Springs office and our original office in Colonie at 25 Walker Way, Ste 2A.
What does the average roofing process look like?
The average roofing process for a new install is broken down into a couple different stages:
- Tarping and protection of the assets of your lawn. Before anything is removed or any new roof installed, we remove any valuables away from the vicinity of the roof so that there is no chance of damage during removal. Additionally we protect your landscape (like shrubs, trees and bushes) so that there is no remaining trace or damage of the work after it is completed.
- The old roof material is removed. This includes the shingles, any underlayment - everything to reveal the plywood decking. It’s at this point that if there is any additional issues with your decking (which you usually do not see from the roof because it is covered in shingles or metal) that was not discovered in the original estimate, we’ll be able to notify you of the changes.
- The new roof is installed: After the old material is removed, we’ll start placing the new roof, starting with synthetic underlayments to protect and guarantee the longevity of the whole roofing system from ice and water damage. An extra 6 feet of ice and water shield is laid down around the perimeter where there is a particularly high threat of water damage.
- After the underlayment is in place, the new shingles or metal roofing is put into place, starting from the base of the roof (near the gutters) and going all the way up to the apex (top) of the roof. Ridge cap shingles and other materials are used for the top to “cap” the roof or in areas where there are unique curves and contours to guarantee the waterproofing.
- Cleanup begins using a metal nail roller to remove any stray debris not previously picked up and the job site is thoroughly cleaned up so all you’re left with is a brand new, amazing looking roof! The goal is to make it look like we were never there to begin with.
In many cases for shingle roofs, our clients leave in the morning to go to work and come back home to a brand new roof without any evidence that anyone was even there - except for a lawn sign if you’ll allow us one!
What happens after my roofing project is complete?
You will receive your warranties in the mail directly after the work is completed. The in house labor warranty usually arrives within a couple business days and the manufacturer warranty usually in a couple of weeks.
Additionally, we’ll leave you with a few referral cards! Anyone you refer our way, we’ll give you $100 for in appreciation.